November 19, 2007

Almost turkey time!

Why am I just not into the season of things this year??? Christmas is my all time favorite holiday and by now I'm usually just itching to get my decorations out - not this year! I always enjoy Thanksgiving because I don't have to cook or have it at my house. My dad still wants to cook for the holiday's, which is fine by be. :) He cooks a killer turkey and it always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside because it takes me back to the holidays growing up.

I was thinking of putting my Christmas stuff out on Wednesday, which I just don't think will happen now. I thought maybe if I got it out it would lite a fire under my butt in getting in the mood, we'll see.

So, I of course will be working very late Wednesday night, actually into Thursday morning. I'm scheduled to work until 1:30 am, but last year we didn't get out until after 2:30 am, so we'll see. The of course I'm opening up on Friday morning and then my sister and I will head out to do some shopping. Maybe that will get me in the mood. Of course we have to find a present for out SIL which is damn near impossible. What do you get for a spiteful, ungrateful bitch?

Nick had his surgery on Friday and all went very well. He's now trying very hard to keep his food elevated. It's very difficult since he has ants in his pants. At least he actually took today off from work - no phone calls even - unheard of. Tomorrow and Wednesday he will be working from home. At least I was able to go out by myself today and get the grocery shopping done. I'm guessing half the workforce is on vacation and they are all getting their Thanksgiving shopping done now because it was just packed out there today. If it's a sign of what's to come we are in big trouble.

I just have to shout out to Michelle that the circle cutter was/is very easy! You were just speeding along on those pages that you were to fast for the system to work. :p I was able to get a lot of pages done, not even close to 41, but a lot done on Saturday and it was WONDERFUL! Thank you, thank you Julie and Michelle for inviting Amy and I to join you. We had a great time and I was very glad that you were able to meet my best friend. She had a great time. :) I think I've even convinced her to join the board.

After our wonderful day of scrapping I was able to get out of work early and Amy and I did a little shopping. While at the big b*ullseye we were shopping for toys and came across some spy gear and almost bought it - wink, wink. We did find a few good deals. I got the boys some robes, not as gifts, but because they have no fat on their little bodies so after their showers they freeze. It looked like I 3 little H*ugh H*efners running around. I have got to get a picture of that one!

Oh and Michelle, sorry I gave it a good shot but just couldn't keep up with the posting every day. You really put me to shame with all that you get done working full-time and being such a great mom!

With that, I'm taking my shameless butt downstairs to watch a movie with my husband. Night all...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

A. The circle thing sucked. Or the person attempting to use it is a moron. One of the two.

B. Amy was great! So nice to meet her! It would be super to have her on the board.

C. I don't put anyone to shame with anything. But thanks for thinking of me. I have great friends that keep me going! :-)