November 26, 2007

Survived another year

Yes, I made it through another year of working retail on Black Friday. It was the craziest year yet at our store. There were over 300 people waiting to get in on Friday morning!!!! I had to work in electronics and thankfully I was assigned to the register in that area, so I was not trampled. This year people were so mean to each other. There was a lot of name calling, stealing out of each others shopping carts and one poor lady had a toy taken right out of her hands! I'm sorry, but they are just material items are they really worth getting so mean?!?

I really wasn't even that impressed with the sales this year, at least in department of things that I need/want. I ended up with one digital photo frame that will be a gift for Nick's mom. I was excited to see one floating around while I was on my break. Other than that there was nothing in our ad that I wanted.

I didn't even look through all of the sale ads this year - ok, all at once, gasp!! I had to work the night before Thanksgiving. I was part of the team to pull all the "bulk" items for the 2 day ad and then we took down the ad and set up the ad after the store closed. I was scheduled to work until 1:30, but ended up being there until 3 am! I was up at about 8:30 to head up to Wisconsin. First we went to Nick's step-mom's, where I proceeded to take a "rest" in the recliner while everyone ate. I never eat there, I save my whole stomach for the feast with my family. A little later we headed to my parents, got there just in time to eat. :) I usually eat and then spend time looking at the ads. My sister was coming home with me so we could do shopping on Friday when I was done with and on Saturday. We wanted to leave in time to get home to watch Grey's. Of course we missed it, I WILL be downloading it and watching it.

Friday my sister and I shopped from the time I was done with work until 11 pm. I actually didn't find very much on Friday and was quite disappointed. I slept in on Saturday and then we headed down to Woodfield Mall. We found a lot on Saturday and had a really good time. I put a nice dent in my Christmas list. I went into work at 8pm Saturday night and worked until 5 am on Sunday morning. I was TIRED!!!!!!!! I think I'm still recovering, but have a lot to do today. I need to finish laundry - oh wait, does that ever end? I need to finish getting my Christmas decorations out and get the tree decorated. I guess I should get busy.

No comments: