August 22, 2007

Whew.....

MIL has left the building......er, house. Actually it was a very nice visit with her here. The kids loved spending time with Nana, and of course getting presents. On Friday I was able to go out from 11:30 am until almost 5:00 running errands and doing some shopping all by myself! It's so nice to be able to really look at everything and try stuff on without whining, fighting, screaming, running, etc. After I returned from my day Nick's aunt had joined us. I love her, she is really good to us - BUT, she just comes in and takes over my house. She always brings tons of food and cooks/makes things that we are not so fond of, so that was a LONG two days.

We made it to I*kea, I was really excited as I hadn't been there in over a year! I can't believe how close I live and don't go there very often. Wait, yes I do, I don't dare go there by myself with the kids. Anyway, we spent probably four or five hours there! Nana bought Ethan and Aidan an early Christmas present - bunk beds. They are so excited, they have been asking for bunk beds for awhile. I would've liked to have done it earlier into summer, as I wanted them to get used to sharing a room before school started. We also got Ian a big boy (toddler) bed. He sleeps so good in his crib that I'm still not sure I want to transition him to a big boy bed yet. He had a great time climbing around on all the beds while we were there, we'll see if the excited holds up when we get the rooms all switched around. Because not only is the crib going away, he's moving to another room! His room is the biggest of the three boys' rooms, so since Ethan and Aidan will be sharing we will move them into that room. We are going to move Ian to Aidan's room and them Ethan's room with be a spare/office.

So, now it looks like a tornado went through my house. I've got to get everything cleaned and back to order - fun. : Why is it you clean before visitors and then there seems to be even more cleaning after they leave?

No comments: