August 13, 2007

Is it time for school?

I am so ready for this summer to be over! The boys are driving each other CRAZY! Two weeks from today and school it back in session, I think they are as ready as I am. I know Aidan is ready to jump out of his skin he's so darn excited to start kindergarten already. :)

They have just been fighting so much lately. I think they are just tired of being with each other so much. Aidan's had a few playdates, with a couple more coming up and that helps so much. Nick's mom is coming on Thursday evening until next Tuesday for a visit, so that will help fill some time also. It's been harder to play outside all day since it has been so stinking hot! I have always been a big summer person, but this heat is so tiring - BRING ON FALL!

The first weekend of August the boys had their first trip up to Wisconsin Dells. Ian stayed with Nana and Papa and a great time being the center of attention for a change. My sister had a gift certificate for Atlantis hotel. We got discounted tickets from there to Mt. Olympus. We spent all day, until 10 pm at that park. It was so nice, it was just a mini amusement park. It has roller coasters, go karts, water rides/slides, indoor water rides/slides and all kinds of other things to do. Once Ethan had a taste of the go karts he wanted to do nothing else, he loved being able to drive. Jeez, he sure does take after his father. :)

We went back to our hotel that night, Nick took Ethan, Aidan and Ashely for a swim while my sister and I rested and waited for the pizza we ordered - very LATE dinner. The kids ate and crashed within minutes. They had so much FUN! The next day Nick left around 11 am to go for a motorcycle ride. So, my sister and I let the kids swim for awhile at the hotel. Our hotel had three pools with a few water slides (for kids). It was perfect, a little cloudy so it wasn't very hot. We decided to head out and get some lunch and stop at the outlet mall. We had really great timing, right as we got the mall the rain started. The kids did really well spending a couple hours shopping. I was surprised at how eager the boys were to try on clothes for back to school. Since they did so well, at the end we stopped at Build A Bear and they got to try it for the first time. Ethan picked out a dog and Aidan pick a monkey to build. They were way more into than I thought they would be, of course they wanted to pick out every accessory possible. I let them pick one "cheap" outfit and told them they would have to save their own money to buy more items.

Next time we'll have to go for a whole weekend so we can fit in some mini golf - my favorite! :)

I've been really good about not being on the computer a whole lot lately. I've finally got things in my life organized, including my house. I'm hoping now to get caught up on some scrapbooking. I feel really good about maintaining a clean house, laundry up to date, my exercise classes and my little part-time job. I really thought Nick was going to pressure me into quiting, I know he would really like that, but it does help give me some sanity and get me out of the house a little, so for know I'm keeping it.

I have to admit, I really have been getting the itch to go back to work. You know, like a job using my degree in some sort of fashion. But, I remember that Ethan and Aidan will both be in school all day in a couple of weeks and I will get some one on one time with Ian. I know I will enjoy that and I need to because I will only get this chance and I know how fast it will go by. Work will always be there, my kids will only be this age once so I'm still enjoying and putting work off a little while longer.

Speaking of staying on top of things, I heard the dryer buzzer.....................

No comments: