August 1, 2007

Giving it another try - maybe?

So, today has been one year since I last blogged - pathetic! I thought maybe I would try and start up again.

Life is crazy busy, but I guess I should expect nothing less with three children. At the end of the month Ethan starts second grade and Aidan starts kindergarten. Ian isn't old enough to start preschool, so I get a year of some just mommy and Ian time throughout the day. :) Aidan is so excited about starting school, he's been asking for months if it is August yet. Now I can give him a count down until it starts. I have almost all the schools supplies already. Just a few odds an ends needed. It just amazes me some of the supplies that are requested. Ethan has Post It notes on his list, I know he won't be using them. We do pay a good amount in taxes I would think that it would be sufficient to give the teachers supplies instead of putting them on the students supply list - grrrr!

I always think of so many things to blog about and then when I sit down to do it my mind draws a blank, very frustrating.

Over this last year we did lose a very special family member - Thunder. We had to put him down in March because the cancer was just eating him up. He stopped eating, stopped being social, so very sad. It still seems so fresh to me, I miss him so much. I never thought I would feel this way, I said "he's just a dog", but he wasn't he was my first baby. As I laid on the floor the other day and remembered how he would run over and want to lay with me as if he was so little. He was as big as I am, but would lay next to me and I would rub his belly. Everyone keeps asking when we are getting another dog, I just don't think I can.

Today is HOT, HOT, HOT! I'm going to get my exercise in before it's too unbearable and then I'm going to brave the grocery store with all three boys - wish me lots of LUCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back in the land of the blogging!