October 7, 2005

And the clock keeps ticking

It is so easy to say I will write tomorrow, and not do it. I know I really don't have an exciting life, but I was hoping I would be posting more. I want to remember all of these day to day things that go on in my life. My children do so much every day that I'm just amazed by, and don't ever want to forget all the small details of the different events. Not to mention I think of all kinds of things on a daily basis that I could blog about but never get around to making a post.

Anyway, onto an update. I'm happy to report that Aidan's new medication regimen for his asthma is working wonderfully. It's so nice to not have to used the nebulizer on daily basis. His nose has since stopped running since starting the Claritin. It is so wonderful. Now, time will only tell if this is the solution. We have to wait until his first illness surfaces this winter to see if it progresses into an asthma attack that won't be treatable at home. Jon asked if I know of any web sites that provide good information on inhalers; I'm sorry to say that I don't. I'm not always so quick to research everything on the internet. I believe you can find information to favor any direction you want when searching. I am comfortable with all my resources, through personal contacts, ect., that we have provided the best course of action for my son. I have to say that I was a bit relieved that I didn't have to got to the internet to spend hours researching as I do with most other decisions.

Since Aidan's health has been great he has been attending preschool. Not missing a single day! He wants to go every day, and I sure wish he could. Not that I don't want to be with him, he just needs the entertainment. He sure misses not having his big brother around. It's nice to hear him talking about his friends at school. It will be such a huge deal for him when he starts having his own playdates and birthday parties. My baby is becoming such a big boy!

Ethan seems to be such years ahead of Aidan since starting kindergarten. I'm so proud of him, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. I am so amazed at how much he has learned and come even more out of his shell since starting school at the end of August. He went to preschool for two years and learned all kinds of little songs. He would never sing them in front of anyone. I only knew he learned them if I caught him in hiding somewhere in the house singing them. He sings on a daily basis now. :) Not that he's a good singer, but he's not afraid or shy to share with me what he's learned. His writing has just exploded. I'm still just blown away by how much they do in kindergarten now than they did when I started school. All right, no comments from the cheap seats. It wasn't that long ago that I was in school. To me preschool now is what my kindergarten was when I started school. I think he's still a little slow in the social aspect of school. My Ethan is just very shy and reserved. Now, once he comes out of his shell look out. But, he likes to just stand back and observe what's going on around him before entering a situation. I am very ok with this and think it's actually pretty smart. But, the mother in me worries tremendously about the social part of school. I have no doubts at all about the learning portion of schooling for Ethan. It's already very apparent that he is taking after his daddy in the brains department. I do know how important getting yourself established is when you're in school. I feel awful worrying about something like this, but I don't want my son to be the stand out kid who gets picked on throughout his school years. Now, I also don't want him to be a bully, somewhere in the middle would be just perfect. Someone can jump in anytime and tell me to stop being a worry worth.

Ethan also started playing soccer. He's been doing pretty good since Nick has started helping him practice at home. It's so cute watching all those little kids playing out on the field. There are only two girls on his team. One of them is an outstanding player. I was just saying the other night, "good for her, show those boys how it's done". He practices and plays two nights a week. They practice for 20 minutes and then play for 40 minutes. Now that it's cold I will probably stop going and just dad will so the baby doesn't have to sit out in the cold. It's also really nice to see Nick all involved. He took place for the coach one night when he had to leave early and had a great time. I told him he should think about coaching in the spring.

Onto my baby, Ian. Now 9 1/2 months - eek! I love all my boys with all my heart, but I have to say that I've enjoyed the baby time with Ian more than I did with Ethan and Aidan. I don't know if it's because I know he's my last and therefore I am paying attention and enjoying everything, every day. Maybe it's because I've been through this two other times and I'm WAY more relaxed about things that I am able to enjoy it all better. I know I didn't with Ethan because he was my first born and I was all uptight and nervous about everything. And, with his surgery and all the worries before and after make me feel a little cheated about my time I had with him as an infant. Then when Aidan came along Ethan was only 23 months and still required a lot of my time, so I didn't get a lot of one on one time with Aidan. It just has worked so well of Ian's timing. I must put down that I would NOT change a thing. I can't imagine not having Ethan and Aidan so close. It was/is hard, but so worth it. They will always have such a great bond!

Oh yeah, back to Ian. He is such a delight. I'm always being told what an "easy" baby he is, and it's so true. The crankiest he's ever been is when a tooth is ready to come through his gums, and who can blame him. I know I've said it before, but he is the GREATEST sleeper. I guess I always touch upon this one since I had two before that weren't the greatest in that area. I love putting him down at night and he sleeps all night. He's been pulling up on things a lot lately working on standing up. I guess that means this weekend I should have Nick lower the mattress in the crib in case he starts standing in there also. I don't want to worry about him falling out of his crib.

I started this post 24 hours ago and have yet to finish it, pathetic! Nick just came back from the movie store, so I'm going to go and see what he got for our viewing this evening. I am just going to post for now and hope I come up with something interesting soon to post soon.

No comments: