September 29, 2005

Not the dog!

I finally got Aidan in to see the allergist. We have a new plan to try and control his asthma. I'm hoping that it works and we can keep him out of the hospital this winter. Keep your fingers crossed.

The doctor did an allergy test as well. Turns out he is allergic to dogs!!! What the hell!!! They told us at this point we don't need to consider getting rid of the dog. She said it's obviously not causing him to have asthma attacks, but it may be contributing once one starts. So, we have a whole list of things to do, including giving him Claritin. Which by the way, I've noticed is already making a difference. No more runny nose - yeah! I'm hoping all, some, or at least one of the suggestions works. I can't imagine getting rid of Thunder. We've had him for eight years now! It would just make everyone in the house miserable. Aidan just adores Thunder, although the other day he was trying to ride him like a pony!

On a side note I have decided to get a part-time job. YEAH!! Nothing major, nothing using my degree, but I get to get out a couple times a week and talk with other adults and just get out of the house without kids! It's very important for me especially with winter coming. Hopefully it will work out for us, if not I will quit. But, I am hoping to stash away some extra spending (shopping) money for Hawaii. :)

I know it's a short post, I have so much to blog about if I can find some time to do it. And here I am getting a part-time job to take away more time. Oh well, such is life I guess. More later......

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YAY on the job - details please....
I hope the claritin works and yu don't have to get rid of your pooch -- that would be devastating...