October 25, 2005

Almost Halloween already!




Wow, I can’t believe it’s almost Halloween already! What are your children dressing up as this year? Ethan’s going to be a Power Ranger and Aidan is going to be Buzz Lightyear. Thanks to Krista with the great link to Disney Direct and the great shopping code I got an awesome deal on their costumes. I’m probably not going to dress Ian up since it appears it will be too cold for him to go out. I know I should be fun and dress him up while handing out candy, but anything on his head he will pull right off. If it appears that the weather will be nice enough (yeah right!), I will run up to T*arget and get him one.



Nick got some great pictures of Ethan and Aidan playing in the leaves at Nana and Papa’s house a couple weeks ago. We had a family get together with my mom’s side of the family and it was really nice. It’s always weird having “parties” at my parent’s house. They are so rare, since that is where I was shot and we were going to be having my brother’s graduation party that day. We all gathered in the family room to play Scene It when everyone started cracking jokes about not wanting to sit on the couch because it was bad luck. Ha! Ha! I was the one who sat in the same spot I was sitting in when I got shot, obviously new furniture. J Although, I think the jokes made my brother a little uncomfortable. It’s been sixteen years and he still can’t talk about it. You would think it happened to him and not me.

I’m really, really going to write more often and about things more openly. I worry a lot about offending some of my readers. This is, however, my blog and I need to write what I want to write. If someone doesn’t like what I’m writing about then they shouldn’t read. I need to be me. J I read so many good blogs where the blogger writes with so much passion and openness, I’m hoping to be able to follow by example. And hopefully write about some interesting things going on in my life.

I’m a liar and I’m going to hell! Well, I didn’t tell the lie, I made Nick do it for me. I was tired of driving up to Wisconsin for all these family get togethers. Last Saturday I was supposed to go back up again for a wedding shower. Now this would’ve been the fifth shower in the last year and a half. I am burnt on these gatherings. I was still getting over a cold and Ian had a bit of a cold. The shower was for a girl that is marrying Nick’s cousin. I just didn’t want to make the trip, so Nick told his Step-mom (who was giving her the shower) that Ian was sick and I couldn’t make it. He still made the trip up with the other two boys to help his brother work on his van. I know it’s really no big deal and I didn’t actually tell the lie, I couldn’t because I’m such a horrible liar. But, I still have feelings of guilt.

Aidan had a trip with his class to a pumpkin farm. I wasn't able to go on the hay ride, see/pet the animals, etc. because of Ian. Due to insurance liabilites. So, I took Ian to get his first look at pumpkins while we waited for Aidan's class to come back. Ian thought it was great and of course loved being able to crawl around in the dirt.



Ethan is home today from school with a fever – ick! He had a day off yesterday and it was wasted since he was sick. I’m hoping he gets better today or else we’ll be off to the doctor tomorrow. His fever started late Saturday night and has been going since. I’ve had two notes sent home from his school about two students having Strep throat. So far he hasn’t had a sore throat, which I know doesn’t mean he doesn’t have it. Keeping my fingers crossed that today will be a good day.

I guess not very exciting, but I will be talking about some interesting things in upcoming entries and have some questions for my few readers, so come on back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Go for it, Stacy!! Nothing shocks me anymore.