August 24, 2005

So much for keeping up.....

This is why it took me so long to start a blog; I have a hard time keeping up to date. We’ve had so much going on lately and while we were up in Wisconsin visiting family I only had access to extremely SLOW dial-up. So, I am very far behind.

The second weekend of August we went up to Wisconsin for Ian’s baptism. We decided to have it up there since everyone who would be attending was up there already. We had it done at my good friend A’s church. We were very lucky in that we were able to have a private ceremony on a Saturday. So, we didn’t have to make all the children in attendance sit through an entire service. It was so nice to just go in and get it done and have all the time we needed to take pictures.

My sister and my best friend are Ian’s Godparents. I couldn’t think of anyone two people who would be better suited for the job. J Nick thought it would be weird having two women, but I assured him that it is in fact 2005 so he’d better get with the times. If I every figure out how to post pictures I’ll put some up. Ian did an absolute wonderful job. When the Pastor poured the water over his head, everyone went still for a second just waiting for him to start crying. He never cried once, he’s such a good baby. I knew the water wouldn’t bother him as he loves the bath. I thought he might cry though because it was his nap time, but he came through like a champ!

We went back this past Thursday because we had a wedding on Friday afternoon. That was different, having a wedding in the afternoon on a weekday. But, it was a family member so we went. I know that doesn’t sound good, but if Nick is going to take a day of vacation I would rather we spent it another way. Anyway, it was an outside wedding and it turned out beautiful. The reception was a lot of fun. The most fun for me was getting a night out with Nick. The kids stayed with Nana and Papa and had a wonderful time.

We came back yesterday since Ethan started school today!!! I can’t believe my first baby is in school. He was so freakin’ excited. I woke him up at 7:30 and he just leaped out of bed. He is so not a morning person, but he was up and ready to run to the bus stop. It was a long hour wait. I thought it would take him a while to get up and get moving. But, he was up dressed and had breakfast all within half an hour. So, I spent some time taking pictures and letting him run around outside. The tears had already started from Aidan, he wanted to ride the bus and it hadn’t even arrived yet.

When we went down to the bus stop he got quiet, but I think he was just being shy because all the parents were there with the kids. Aidan jumped right in the middle of the group all ready to go. My neighbors were laughing telling me I’d better make sure he didn’t sneak on the bus. There was one little boy there who had started yesterday and was not at all happy about having to go back today. He was screaming and crying how much he didn’t like it, that he didn’t have any fun yesterday. I was trying to distract Ethan because I sure don’t/hope we won’t be in that position tomorrow. When the bus pulled up he grabbed his backpack and was off, didn’t even look back. I tried to hold back the tears, but they flooded. I was so proud of him. J I miss him today.

I swear I have a lot of boring stuff to share, but I need to unpack and get the house picked up. Be back soon!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

WOW! SCHOOL?!?!? How did it go?
Did he have a blast?
I don't think it's weird to have 2 godmothers. Ryan does, too!
Happy early birthday!