August 28, 2005

Another year, 32 and counting

So, today I turned 32. I know I'm not old, but all week I kept thinking "wow, I'll be 40 in eight short years!". It just seems like the years a speeding by since I've had my boys. I'm not sad at all of them growing up. I think I get sad about getting older because my parents are as well. That's another reason I don't think of myself as "old", because I don't think of parents as old.

It's really hard when I think of my dad. Aidan just loves his Papa so much, whenever we visit he rarely leaves his side. Well, my dad had a heart attack and triple bypass surgery nine years ago (two months after I was married). The surgeon told him it was from smoking and he could never smoke again. Well, he quit for awhile and has since been smoking and trying to quit since. I told him that Aidan was pretend smoking and how much I didn't like it. He said he's going to try and quit this winter again. My mom said he wasn't to fond of hearing about Aidan mimicking him. I am crossing my fingers and praying with everything that he can do it this time. I want him around not just for his grandkids, but for me too!

What does make me feel good is that my maternal grandparents are doing fantastic. They are in their 80's and still exercise every day! They live out in California and I haven't seen them since last April, but think of them all the time. I was very close with them growing up and can't imagine them not being a part of my life.

What did I do for my birthday? NOTHING!!! I'm kicking back now relaxing drinking a Mike's Hard Berry - YUM! If you're a fan of Mike's Hard Lemonade and haven't tried these I recommend them. Although, by the time I'm finished I'll be ready to crash. The downfall of being older, my party days are WAY behind me. I'm such a lightweight nowadays.

You know I think I should start carrying around a notified with me. Throughout the day I think of really good things to write about. Things that might actually be of interest to read. But, by the time I sit down to write my mind is blank.

Tomorrow is the start of the first full week of kindergarten for Ethan. He just LOVES going to school. I'm so happy he's enjoying it and hope it continues throughout the year. I've been a little concerned as he's not eating much lunch at all. He said he doesn't have time. I've learned that they only get 20 minutes to eat and then they make them leave the lunch room. While I'm sure this isn't a problem for most kids, Ethan takes after his dad and eats very slow. His teacher sent home a general note to all parents about the first week. She did mention that right now the kids are very busy talking at lunch and should settle down in the next couple weeks when they get more used to a schedule. I sure hope so because my little Ethan is already stick thin, he needs to eat!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday!
I never even thought about how close 40 is! EEK!!!!