August 6, 2005

Jeans, Jeans and Jeans!!

I am a girl and love my accessories, shoes, purses, jewelry, etc. But, as far as a favorite piece of clothing I have a real addiction for jeans. I can't seem to get enough even though I have way to many.

I have been scouring for new ones because I finally dropped a size and gave my old ones to my mom. I figure if I get rid of them then I have to stay a smaller size - right? No more snatching a fry or two from the kids!

I think my infatuation stems back to high school. I used to buy at least one new pair each time I got paid (every other week). I used to go to The Buckle because they did alterations for free. And when I was in high school of course the style was tight, tight, tight! We used to have our pants altered at the calves to so we could just get them over our feet. Boy, when I think back to those days I feel like I won't miss out on having a girl. I can't believe some of the things that I wore in high school - eeekk! I guess it was ok because I was actually very skinny back in the day. My best friend and I are always cracking up about how we looked "fat" in our tiny size 3 pants! Sick! Sick! Sick!

Right now I have 14 pairs of jeans - yikes! Plus, I'm bidding on a few new pairs on e-Bay, so hoping that I win them. I am a huge fan of the Saturday jean by Ralph Lauren Polo. The fabric they use is so comfortable, they fit so good and I can wear them in a size 6! Huge accomplishment for me!!! I also like the Hydraulic brand, I buy mine at Maurices. I am also a fan of Tommy Hilfiger jeans. I am really not a name snob, it just so happens that the jeans that tend to be on the more expensive side fit nicer and I can wear a smaller size. :)

Now really, I can't justify spending a fortune on a pair of jeans. But, my birthday is at the end of the month and I would really like to get a pair of SEVEN jeans or something along those lines. Where will I wear them - hmmmm, I don't know. I don't know that I will go through with buying a pair, but it sure is nice to think about it. I at least need to make a trip and try some on. I really can't even justify owning the number of jeans that I do have. After all I do just stay home with the kids, who do I need to look good for these day? My husband of course! :)

I guess that's enough about jeans, just not to much worth writing about right now.

No comments: