August 2, 2005

Busy, busy, busy

You know I feel so busy doing nothing. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it just seems that there is so much going on, but it's really a lot of nothing.

Our weekends just seemed to be packed with a variety of things. So, I am left during the week trying to clean the house, keep up laundry (ha!) and keeping the kids entertained.

This past weekend I hosted, actually MIL did, a shower for my future SIL. My MIL (actually Nick's step-mom) is great and loves to throw parties. She didn't think it was appropriate for her to have a shower for her future DIL. So, she made the invitations and put on them that I was giving her the shower. Of course I felt obligated to help out. I bought the prizes, went over early to help with food and was in charge of games. It turned out really well, I'm just getting really tired of all these weddings. Last year we had five weddings and this year there are three more. Not only is it draining going to all these showers and weddings it's hitting us a little hard in the pocket. I guess I sound like a downer talking like that and I don't mean it that way at all. I love weddings, we have just had more than enough lately.

Nick stayed at home with Ethan and Aidan all weekend which was a nice break for me. I took Ian with me since I am still nursing. My mom kept Ian all day Saturday while I was at the shower. It's so rare for me to be kid free, it was a nice break. The selfish side of me wishes I could've been out by myself enjoying some me time seeing a movie or ready a good book. Sunday I went shopping (yes, again) with my good friend. It was very HOT, but we love to shop and really like it when we are able to go together.

Spending time with my good friend Amy is always so great. We have been friends forever it seems. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I wish we could live closer together. We have so much fun together and love to do the same things. It would also be great to have an exercise buddy. While I have always been open to the idea of moving around, one of the downfalls is not being close to my friends and family.

I got home late Sunday night and enjoyed some quiet time with my husband. It was actually a very nice weekend. I love my kids so much, but I know that I do sometimes need a break from them. I hate to ever complain about being a SAHM, but the downfall to that is never getting away from your children. It was nice to be all refreshed yesterday morning with the boys.

E-bay selling is going just awesome. I have sold everything but two items that I've listed. It's really great, I have to say that I enjoy selling better than buying. I have been shocked a few times but what things have sold for, I am surprised at what people are willing to pay.

If anyone reading watches Six Feet Under please share what's been happening during this final season. After the last season I cancelled HBO as we never watched it other than for Six Feet Under and Sex and The City. It's killing me that I'm missing it!

No comments: