August 31, 2005

Stiffed

I am so not creative, but I'm trying really hard to come up with good titles in my blog.

Well, it happened, my short time of selling on e*bay someone has decided not to pay on a winning auction. Can I just say BITCH!!! This woman won two auctions and I thought I was being nice by telling her I could combine her invoices so she would pay less for shipping. She was/is new to e*bay and I wasn't sure she was aware of how it worked. So, I sent her a message explaining that I would do that and sent her an invoice. She responded that she thought that was great and thanked me for offering. That was a little more than two weeks ago!

I stated in my add that contact had to be made within 3 days and payment was expected within 10 days. She had only won two items before winning mine. She paid for both of those right away. So, I was kind of expecting a quick payment. I didn't hear from her after sending the invoice, so before I left to go out of town I sent it to her again in case there were any problems. I checked My e*bay while I was out of town and received no payment and no messages from her. After I returned from out of town I sent her another invoice. After several days and no response I sent her a message asking if she planned on paying. Again, no response at all!!

I had dreaded something like this happening, as I hate confrontation. You would think since it's over the net it shouldn't bother me, but I was still sick about. Enter my wonderful husband. :) He has excellent writing skills and knows how to craft a good message. He did it without attacking her, berating her, etc. But, still made it clear that was she was doing was WRONG!! He told her she won and agreed to pay and it was very poor etiquette to no respond in any way. Also, if she didn't respond I would have to leave her negative feedback and report her to e*bay.

I'm still unclear if the message her attention or the fact that I reported her as a non-paying bidder. But, she responded with a piss poor answer that she overlooked the auction win. She even went on to say that she wondered why she hadn't received the items. And, that she wouldn't pay for them now because she only dealt with nice sellers. Whatever BITCH!!

Although I wanted to send her a nasty message in response I didn't. I stayed professional and told her I was sorry she felt that way, but she was still backing out of the bid and I would leave her negative feedback. (She still didn't care). I wanted to call her on overlooking FOUR messages/invoices. During the time I was sending those she had to have been checking her e-mail or e*bay as she was bidding, winning and paying for other items. Also, if she overlooked the win of the auction how was it that she was wondering why she hadn't received the items.

Ugghhh....how tiring was that post/ordeal?!?

No comments: