July 17, 2005

Shopping, riding, pedicures and more

I have had such a great weekend! Aidan is still using the potty and doing #2 on it!! I think I am more thrilled than he is about the whole thing. I guess I was right in making the decision to give him a little shove to do it. Here's to only having to change one child's diaper now!

Saturday my mom and dad came down for a visit. My mom, Ian and I went down to the Chicago Premimum Outlets. It was hot, but we had a great time. My mom got some much needed clothing. It's so nice to see her buying some nice things for herself. When we grew up we didn't have a lot of money and I know my mom sacrificed a lot for us, so it's good to see her treating herself nicely. I find it so funny to see me becoming my mom and watching my mom become my grandmother. She was buying a blazer at the J. Crew store and I was watching her and her movements, mannerisms, etc. were just like my grandma. I told her as we left the store that she was going to hate me for saying it, but I said "you are turning into grandma". She laughed and said she knows. She said when she does her weekly conditioning treatment to her hair and puts her shower cap on my dad always says "hello Margaret" ( my grandma). It's nice to spend a relaxing day with my mom. :)

I have to talk about how rude people were at the mall. I was floored!!! No one, not one single person said excuse me, no body held doors for each other, nothing. I opened the door coming out of one store for my mom, as she was pushing the stroller, and this woman shoved the stroller aside and barged out of the store. Sometimes I can still be shocked at how uncivil, rude and down right mean people can be sometimes. I hope my boys grow up with many more manners.

After we returned home from shopping they had to head back home. Nick had picked up the babysitter and was ready to take me out. He recently purchased a new "used" motorcycle. So, I was getting to go out for a ride, dinner and see a band. I haven't been riding on the new cycle or his old cycle I think in over 5 years!! Once Ethan came along that just went out the window. It was so much fun. We had a good dinner with friends and watched a band of someone he works with. We didn't get home until almost 1:00 in the morning!! Yikes, very late for me. I can't believe I'm still awake.

The salon on go to has this program that I joined, yes another "member" card to carry. They have a service where you can check daily on-line for open appointments. If you call in and book one of those open appointments you get 30% off the service. A good friend of mine has always told me to get a pedicure that I would love it. I've never wanted to waste money on one, I can paint my own toe nails thank you. Well, they had an opening for one today, so at 30% off I thought I would try one. It was great! Not something I will do all the time, as we don't have money to throw around on those kind of things. But, it's nice to keep in mind when I'm going to splurge a little bit or when asked for gift ideas I now have a good one. I have to add that my feet are really ticklish and I thought I wouldn't make it through a pedicure. I'm glad to say that I only giggled twice. :)

Wow, am I writing a novel or what?? Dinnertime will be approaching soon. I'll have to start rounding all the boys in soon. It's just as hard to get DH in from outside as it is my kids. I still have to finish laundry, but I've come to the realization that laundry just never ends.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like a great weekend!
Pedicures and Outlet shopping are 2 of my favorite things!
My sister is a nail tech or else I would never be able to indulge my pedicure additction half as much as I do!