July 19, 2005

Guess I'm getting old

So, I went to the doctor yesterday because I've been having some problems with my left knee. She said I haven't done any major damage - yet. I've started a tear in a tendon or ligament. So, no running, jogging, lunges, or any other exercise that puts a lot of pressure/weight on my knees. I have to build my already BIG THIGHS to compensate and take the weight off my knees.

Even when I was really thin in high school I always felt I had big thighs. They just seem to keep following me wherever I go, I just can't get rid of them. Now my doctor wants me to work them more - yikes!! She told me I could try by myself for awhile, but if it doesn't get better she suggested I go to physical therapy.

My body is falling apart and I turn 32 next month - ick!! I don't know why I have such a hard time getting older. It was like once I left my 20's it wasn't fun anymore.

On a different subject, Aidan just won't poop on the potty for me! He will do it no problems for Nick, but not for mom. :( I've bought some of his favorite chocolate bars in hopes that it will give him a little motivation to work with me. But, at least he still goes pee with no problems. I don't even have to remind him to go, unless we are leaving the house. :) So, that means he can start preschool next month - yeah!!!

More later, I've got to get to the gym while Ian's still in good spirits.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Stacy -
When is your birthday? Mine is next month too!
I feel old all the time - my knees started to hurt when I was pregnant and they still do! Old, worn out body...
Did you play soccer in high school? I know that soccer players tend to have very muscular thighs.

imstacy said...

Andrea,
My birthday is August 28th, when is your's?
My knees, and the rest of my body, was much worse with my pregnancy with Ian than it was with Ethan and Aidan. I chalk it up to age. There was a big difference between being pregnant at 30 than it was at 26.
No, I never played soccer. I was a dancer and a swimmer. I think the big thighs is just hereditary. :( Oh, how I long for long, slender legs!

Andrea said...

August 22 - I will be 31 this summer!!!