July 14, 2005

Another day, just a bunch of stuff

So, day two of no diapers - except bedtime. Yesterday we had two accidents, today we had no accidents - yeah! But, I kid you not the child only peed three times all day!!! How is that possible?? I think I sounded like a broken record following him around all day asking him if he needed to go pee-pee.

I was also worried he would have a BM in his underpants. He usually goes, like clock work, in the morning. When nothing happened as I followed him throughout the day I was always sniffing for an unpleasant present. Nothing happened until this evening, when Aidan came to me asking for a diaper. I put him on the potty and thought he was going to have a BM, but he stopped pushing and asked again for a diaper. First I said no, but when he came back to me an hour later asking again I gave in and let him go in the diaper. I don't want to go through the whole thing of having him hold it and become constipated and cause worse problems. So, I'll tackle one issue at a time.

I feel like such a pig! I think I ate all day today and did no exercise. This will not help me lose those 15 pounds I would like to drop! I get so upset when I have days like these, but all I can do is say I'll do better tomorrow.

I was doing really good in the exercise department, but the last week or so I've begun to really slack. But, I'm so VERY tired and I don't know why. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday to have my knee looked at and I'm going to ask her to check my thyroid. I'm getting pretty good sleep and I always thought exercise was supposed to give you energy, so I don't know. Maybe I should go out and get a Mocha Frappachino from Starbucks - YUMMY!!!

So, my BIL is getting married this September. My future SIL is a total hillbilly. I know, so not nice to say, but I can say it here and it won't get back to her. Now don't get me wrong, my BIL is no prize. Between the two of them they have five children!!! They each came into the relationship with two and they had one together. They have major issues and it's not nice to say, but I don't think that they'll make it.

Anyway, I have to attend two showers for my future SIL. I don't understand why my DH's step-mom's family is giving her two showers. We just got the invitation to their wedding and I'm dreading sending the response card back. She is going to give me the riot act because I will NOT be bringing our children to the wedding and reception. She keeps insisting that I have to bring them. My husband is the best man, so he will not be able to assist at all with the kids. I am not going to try and tackle all three of them by myself. Besides, my parents, who we will be staying with, is only 20 minutes from the wedding and reception place will be taking care of the kids for us. The kids will have much more fun at their nana and papa's house, rather than having to sit and be quiet during a wedding. To be a little selfish, I want to be able to relax and have some drinks. And as stuffy as it my sound, I will not drink in front of my children. Does that seem stuffy?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Not stuffy at all!
In my opinion, kids do not belong at weddings. They are cranky, bored and miserable (although I loved going to them when I was a little girl, but older like 8). Honestly, we debated long and ahrd about even having Ryan at the wedding and decided to bring him to church and then his baby sitter will pick him up and take him home.
I don't drink much, but I really don't do it in fron of Ryan or bring him anywhere that is drinking based (like any event my future BIL & SIL have including their kid's birthday - oh yeah, bring on the screwed up relatives).
I will have a beer or glass of wine when Ryan is around, but I feel that shows responsible drinking which is what I want to teach him.