February 8, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDAN!!!

My beautiful, handsome little boy is four years old today! I am amazed at how fast time goes by, my babies are just growing to quickly.

Now, he won't actually be four until 11:10 tonight. :) It was around this time I headed to the doctors office because I noticed some blood when I used the bathroom. The doctor informed me that I was 4 cm! No contractions, at least none that I was feeling. :) I was told to go home and relax and see if I could time some contractions. I called Nick and told him to come home, my mom was getting ready to catch a flight to come and take care of Ethan for us. It was a Friday and I was due to be induced on Monday. So, I called my good friend M to ask her to take Ethan until my mom got in. Things moved pretty quickly after that; we dropped Ethan off and got checked into the hospital at about 7:30 pm. I couldn't have an epidural right away because Aidan was still "floating", they wanted him to come down more. An hour later I got my beloved epi!! :) So, the waiting began. My mom's flight got in a little after nine, she collected her luggage and took a taxi over to the hospital. At 10:50 pm I was 6 cm and my doctor decided to break my water. After that Nick went down to the lobby to meet up with my mom and they barely got back in time for Aidan's birth! I went from 6 to 10 cm in less than 20 minutes. The nurse laid me flat and wouldn't empty my bladder because it was holding Aidan's head in - yikes! My doctor got there and I delivered him in one contraction. He came out screaming and hasn't stopped. :)

I will never forget that night, I was so happy to meet Aidan and see how perfect he was, he was a huge welcome to our family.

Here is a picture of him today, he wanted to "clean" the bowl after I got done making his cake. :)
Well, I tried to upload the pictures, but not having any luck, I'll try later.

No comments: