February 1, 2006

Disneyworld Vacation Part One

WOW!!! In one word I think that is how I would sum up our trip. It was so fun and exciting. I LOVED seeing Disneyworld through the eyes of my boys.

We left on Sunday the 22nd, very early. Our flight left at 9:20 am from O'Hare, so Nick and I were up at the butt crack of dawn - 4:30 am to be exact. We actually left the house by 6:30 providing us plenty of time to get the car to parking and get over to the airport and through security. It went very smoothly. The plane ride went very well too! :) Once Ian fell asleep I got to read a book! I love, love, love to read, but rarely find time these days so it was a very special treat for me. Thanks to the ladies over at Moosejulie, I picked up My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Very good book, I am anxiously awaiting to finish reading it.

First plane ride. :)

Back to the trip, we arrived in sunny,warm Florida late in the morning. We caught our Magical Express bus to the Fort Wilderness Resort. If you ever plan a trip to Disneyworld I highly recommend taking the resort route. They sent us these special luggage tags, so we didn't have to pick up our luggage the resort picked them up and got them to our cabin for us. We got checked in and got our golf cart to get around the resort and headed for something to eat after checking in with the rest of the family. I forgot to mention that Nick's dad and stepmom paid for our trip (aside from plane tickets) and his brother and his family joined us at the resort. We were the only ones who chose to fly, there was NO WAY I was going to drive to Florida with three small children.

The resort was very nice and the people working there were SUPER friendly. Every night they had a Disney movie playing and Chip and Dale would come before hand for a sing along. The boys thought that was so great.

Our first stop was Monday to the Animal Kingdom. It was really humid, so my efforts to straighten my hair were worthless. By the time we got to the part it was frizz central. When we got into the park we came across Lilo and Stitch. Aidan was a little shy off the bat, but Ethan went up and got their autograph and a picture with them. We went on a safari tour that was just awesome. The boys thought it was so much fun and they got to see all kinds of animals. There were 5 week old baby elephants playing, so very cute!

Day two, Tuesday, we went to MGM. The great Buzz Lightyear was there, Aidan's favorite super hero. :) We got rained on a bit, but not for very long and it stayed warm. :) We ate, or I should say the boys (Nick and I packed sandwiches) got to eat at Pizza Planet and play some games. We saw the Muppet Show, lots of fun, even Ian liked that show. I can't believe the old guys in the balcony are still around. :p We went to the Bugs Life show, but I wasn't able to stay since Ian started screaming. We stayed outside and watched the waterfall. We met quite a few characters and got their autographs at MGM. It's not how things used to be. You now have to wait until their scheduled time to get a picture and autograph. Ian was so excited to see Chip and Dale, the whole trip they were the only ones he would let hold him. Thankfully we saw them at all the parks and they were at our breakfast with the characters too. He would just scream and cry when we had to leave them.





I will have to end this for now, laundry duties are screaming at me. :) Part two to follow soon.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Stacy,
You are so much better than me. I just recently got my post about Disney written.

I was thinking of staying at Fort Wilderness in the future. I'm glad to hear that you guys liked it. Did you go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue there? That was one of our favorite things.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your vacation!

Julie said...

Stacy, it sounds so much fun. We are planning a Disney trip sometime in the next year. I am soaking up the details from you and Jayme. Can't wait for part 2, and welcome back!